Put yourself at ease by protecting those you love
11 February 2019
Having healthy work relationships benefits everyone: the company, your peers, and yourself. When you build strong interpersonal relationships at work, it can bring you satisfaction in your job, lead to promotional opportunities, and open up to salary increases.
But it’s more than just spending time with people or going out for drinks. Sometimes, to better relate with others, you first need to know yourself, determine what you can offer, and — in the case of work friendships — set priorities and plans for yourself. Here are some things you can do to better relate to everyone at work.
1. Be generous with information. Everyone appreciates a good tip. Whether it’s a better position in a different department, a business contact, a speaking opportunity to share their expertise with the public, or a related side project they can earn from, someone in your work circle may find it useful. By sharing useful information with your network, and seeing who among your colleagues could benefit from it, you’re able to build trust and confidence while helping them grow in a professional capacity.
2. Prepare to be a mentor. Everyone needs someone to guide them. It doesn’t always have to be a formal arrangement. Assess what your colleagues are good and weak at, and see if you have something to share to complement their skills. The idea is to help them grow, not emphasize their faults. Check your strengths and weaknesses against theirs, and maybe you’ll learn something, too.
3. Learn to be a better listener. Ask for people’s opinions, or at least be open to it. Chances are, they might see something you haven’t, which might make your output even better. At the same time, you’re able to let them know that you value their opinion and appreciate feedback. Learning to reach out, as well as listening and accepting other’s opinions are essential skills, not just in the workplace, but also in life.
4. Establish social hours. Lunch breaks are okay for small talk, but also consider adding a social hour to your team’s schedule that isn’t in between office appointments. Make it a regular occurrence so people can look forward to it: a monthly potluck, a quarterly bowling tournament, or even a volunteer beach cleanup. Give yourselves the time and opportunity to bond over things other than work.
5. Set your priorities and future plans straight. If you want better relationships with other people, you need to know your own priorities as well as your future plans. This way, you’ll take away the stress of worrying about yourself so you can focus on more important things such as your relationship with others. While healthy work relationships are great, don’t forget about your relationships and commitments at home. While socializing with friends is always fun, you also need to set your finances straight and make sure you have a good financial strategy behind you. For employees and office workers, having investments and life insurance in place is always a good idea.
Life Ready Plus is a policy that offers both savings benefits and protection is suitable for your busy lifestyle. It’s a unit-linked life insurance plan from BPI AIA which you can get for as low as P2,000 a month. Because it’s a unit-linked investment, it automatically allocates a portion of your monthly premium payments in investment funds. Life Ready Plus also includes AIA Vitality, a wellness program that offers you points and rewards for taking active steps in knowing and improving your health.
Take away your anxiety about your future, and focus on enjoying your best life with your friends, family, and colleagues. Know more about Life Ready Plus by visiting the nearest BPI branch to discuss its many benefits with a Bancassurance Sales Executive.
You can buy a life insurance at any BPI branch nationwide! Talk to a bancassurance sales executive now!
2018 is almost over. But it’s not too late to end your year on a high note. Why wait until 2019 to start taking steps to a healthier, better you? Walk into the next calendar year primed for success, with your head held high and yourself feeling great, by using these tips to help you end this year healthy and well.
Get the power to protect yourself and your family with an affordable life insurance plan. Life Ready Plus is easy on the budget, but offers coverage of up to 30 times your yearly payment to support the financial needs of your loved ones.
The plan gives you fast access to coverage and benefits and can match your long-term financial goals when maintained within an appropriate term.
Critical Care Max will help you make more memories by providing financial aid during the early stages of a critical illness. This unit-linked life and health insurance plan offers assistance on your recovery. You can build a health fund that grows over time, depending on your chosen investment, to pay for other medical costs.
In addition, it comes with a hospital confinement benefit that will replace lost income due to hospitalization. This daily cash benefit may also come with optional benefits like cash payout for surgery-related expenses, allowance for consultation fees, and many others.
Let your loved ones enjoy the fruits of your labor even when you’re no longer around. Build Estate Plus is a unit-linked protection plan that will cover your estate taxes after your passing so that you can ease your family’s burden.
It doubles as an investment savings fund that builds Account Value as you pay. It is also integrated with AIA Vitality that provides additional upfront coverage of 20% to your policy and add-ons.
Be in good hands in times of sickness. Let Critical Care Plus, a unit-linked health and life insurance plan, take care of you with financial aid in case of a major illness, so you can focus on getting better and spending more time with your loved ones.
It even gives you more benefits for having good health through the AIA Vitality program that adds 20% upfront coverage and supplemental benefits on your policy.