Put yourself at ease by protecting those you love
28 January 2019
It’s exciting to enter our adult years when we become independent, establish a career, and start thinking of building our own family. This particular time in our life is mostly spent trying to fulfill our dreams and ambitions, and rewarding ourselves for our successes. But it’s also a time when we find ourselves in a better position and more meaningful role as caregivers to our parents.
Like most adult children, we start noticing changes when it comes to our relationship with our parents at this point. From the one being nurtured, we become the nurturer. Our parents, who were our protectors while growing up, now become the ones who need protection. When the roles are reversed, we as adult children find more meaning in our relationships with our parents. Here’s why.
1. Our perspective has changed. Today, we are adults dealing with adults, and no longer children dealing with
2. We share parallel experiences. Because we’ve been on a journey of our own, there are now similar experiences that we share with our parents. These can pertain to starting a career, being in a relationship, or dealing with finances. In each instance, there is wisdom we can gain from our parents, and we, in turn, can now share our own perspective. Finding ourselves in a similar situation with our parents at some point in our lives makes us appreciate what they have been through.
3. You have the confidence to speak your mind. Even as we remain respectful of our parents, we as adults have become sure of ourselves, and are more confident to express our feelings. If we keep our conversations mature, we can engage our parents in friendly discussions, even on issues where we often disagree. Having more confidence also enables us to settle differences in a peaceful manner, taking our relationship with our parents to a whole new level.
4. It’s our choice to take their advice—or not. For most of our childhood, we had to deal with rules—what to do, what not to do—and we had very little say about it. As adults, we take our parents’ advice into consideration, but it is completely up to us whether or not to follow it. There is less or no pressure to gain their approval, and we are free to go in the direction we think is best for us. It works the other way around, too. They can do the same with the advice we give them: take it or go the other way.
5. We have the capacity to make life comfortable for them. This is more of a perk, but it certainly makes our relationship with our parents even more significant. As we start earning money of our own, we can treat our parents to the comforts or luxuries that they may have had to sacrifice when we were growing up. A weekly dinner date or a vacation out of town gives us a sense of pride—and them, a sense of accomplishment—adding substance to our adult child-parent relationship.
One of the best things we can give our parents, especially in their golden years, is a life free from worry. Now that we have the financial capacity to give them this, it is the perfect time to avail of Family Care Plus,
Family Care Plus is renewable every 10
Get ready for tomorrow with Family Care Plus. Visit any BPI branch nationwide and speak to a Bancassurance Sales Executive or check the BPI AIA Wellness Series to find out how you and your parents can stay protected—and live healthier, longer, and better lives!
You can buy a life insurance at any BPI branch nationwide! Talk to a bancassurance sales executive now!
Get the power to protect yourself and your family with an affordable life insurance plan. Life Ready Plus is easy on the budget, but offers coverage of up to 30 times your yearly payment to support the financial needs of your loved ones.
The plan gives you fast access to coverage and benefits and can match your long-term financial goals when maintained within an appropriate term.
Critical Care Max will help you make more memories by providing financial aid during the early stages of a critical illness. This unit-linked life and health insurance plan offers assistance on your recovery. You can build a health fund that grows over time, depending on your chosen investment, to pay for other medical costs.
In addition, it comes with a hospital confinement benefit that will replace lost income due to hospitalization. This daily cash benefit may also come with optional benefits like cash payout for surgery-related expenses, allowance for consultation fees, and many others.
Let your loved ones enjoy the fruits of your labor even when you’re no longer around. Build Estate Plus is a unit-linked protection plan that will cover your estate taxes after your passing so that you can ease your family’s burden.
It doubles as an investment savings fund that builds Account Value as you pay. It is also integrated with AIA Vitality that provides additional upfront coverage of 20% to your policy and add-ons.
Be in good hands in times of sickness. Let Critical Care Plus, a unit-linked health and life insurance plan, take care of you with financial aid in case of a major illness, so you can focus on getting better and spending more time with your loved ones.
It even gives you more benefits for having good health through the AIA Vitality program that adds 20% upfront coverage and supplemental benefits on your policy.