Put yourself at ease by protecting those you love
17 January 2019
After you’ve said your marriage vows—"to have and to hold, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health"—now what?
Now comes the exciting part: starting a new life together with the one you promised to be with forever.
Couples who have been married for a long time will tell you that a long and healthy marriage does not magically happen. It only becomes possible with hard work, patience, understanding, and of course, unconditional love. Remember that whatever you do today as husband and wife affects your future together—and if you do things right, you’ll surely reap the greatest and the most meaningful rewards.
Where do you start? Here are habits newly married should start now:
1. Establish open communication. The rules for open communication are basic. Be as good a listener as you are a talker. Let the other finish before you speak. Disagreements cannot be avoided, but if you must fight, fight right. Be solution-oriented, make sure you discuss and resolve issues right away, and always move forward.
2. Stay connected. Your busy schedules may get in the way, but you should always set aside time to do things together, be it a sport you both enjoy or a weekly dinner date at your favorite restaurant. Sometimes, even riding home from work together can be a great time to catch up on each other’s day. If you want to shake things up a bit, make it a point to do something different every month, like taking a cooking class or going hiking. These habits keep the romance alive and help you stay emotionally connected to your spouse.
3. Make decisions together. Remember you’re no longer single, but part of a married couple. Whether it’s about starting a family or planning your finances, you should always consider your spouse’s views before coming to a decision. Express your opinions as honestly as you can when discussing pros and cons, but be respectful and don’t shut down your spouse. Compromise when needed, and make sure you are both on board before taking any action.
4. Celebrate your successes! Now that you know how to deal with tough times, what do you do when there’s good news to celebrate? Share your excitement with each other about a job promotion or a fitness goal achieved. When you toast each other’s successes, you give your spouse a great ego boost, not to mention loads of encouragement!
5. Prepare for the future together. All these things lead to a great future for your marriage, but there is so much more you can do as you get ready for tomorrow. A good example is investing in Family Care Plus, a joint-life term insurance plan that provides protection coverage for life or critical illness for two persons under one plan.
Even if you’re just starting out in your careers, or still in the process of building your finances, Family Care Plus ensures that you don’t dip into your savings in case of unexpected medical emergencies. Remember: you pay for only one insurance plan that protects both you and your spouse.
What's more, Family Care Plus belongs to the suite of products under the BPI AIA Wellness Series powered by AIA Vitality, a science-backed wellness program that will encourage you to live healthier, longer, and better lives. AIA Vitality also gives you exciting rewards for making healthy lifestyle choices. Isn’t this an amazing, affordable way to prepare for the future together—today?
Take the first step in securing wellness and protection together by learning more about Family Care Plus. Visit any BPI branch near you and talk to a Bancassurance Sales Executive or click here to find out how you and your spouse can be ready for tomorrow!
Invest in both your health and wealth with BPI AIA Wellness Series
Get the power to protect yourself and your family with an affordable life insurance plan. Life Ready Plus is easy on the budget, but offers coverage of up to 30 times your yearly payment to support the financial needs of your loved ones.
The plan gives you fast access to coverage and benefits and can match your long-term financial goals when maintained within an appropriate term.
Be in good hands in times of sickness. Let Critical Care Plus, a unit-linked health and life insurance plan, take care of you with financial aid in case of a major illness, so you can focus on getting better and spending more time with your loved ones.
It even gives you more benefits for having good health through the AIA Vitality program that adds 20% upfront coverage and supplemental benefits on your policy.
Let your loved ones enjoy the fruits of your labor even when you’re no longer around. Build Estate Plus is a unit-linked protection plan that will cover your estate taxes after your passing so that you can ease your family’s burden.
It doubles as an investment savings fund that builds Account Value as you pay. It is also integrated with AIA Vitality that provides additional upfront coverage of 20% to your policy and add-ons.
Critical Care Max will help you make more memories by providing financial aid during the early stages of a critical illness. This unit-linked life and health insurance plan offers assistance on your recovery. You can build a health fund that grows over time, depending on your chosen investment, to pay for other medical costs.
In addition, it comes with a hospital confinement benefit that will replace lost income due to hospitalization. This daily cash benefit may also come with optional benefits like cash payout for surgery-related expenses, allowance for consultation fees, and many others.